Star TXGenWeb Project Star USGenWeb Project Star


Milam County, Texas - Historical Markers

[Barbwire]

List provided by the Texas Historical Commission on 1 Jun 1998 revised & updated 22 July 2003


Milam County, Texas
Green-Batte House - The marker is located 1/2-mile north of Cameron (need to get better directions, ie FM)
La Recluta and La Escuelita - The marker is located 2.5-miles East of Rockdale on US Hwy 79.
Hobson, John - The marker is located in the Hobson Cemetery, 4.5-miles East of Cameron on CR 227
Sneed, Joseph P, Rev. - The marker is located in the Sneed's Chapel Cemetery; near FM 2027, the Brazos River, Baileyville and CR 270; from Cameron take US Hwy. 77 north 5-miles to FM 485 and turn right, continue 5-miles to FM 979, turn left and go 8-miles to FM 2027, turn left, go 2.4-miles to CR 270 andturn left, at the red gate turn right, take left fork.
Steamboat Washington Landed - The marker is located about 1.5-miles east of Cameron on US Hwy 77
Buckholts
Bryant Home Site, Major - The marker is located US 190 at picnic area, approx. 6-miles west from Buckholts
Bryant Station - The marker is located 6-miles west on US Hwy. 190 & State Hwy. 36
Hope Lutheran Church - The marker is located on Ave. B & 10th St.
Saints Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church - The marker is located 7-miles northwest on FM 2269
Burlington
Saint Michael's Catholic Church - The marker is located 1/4-mile west of US Hwy. 77 on FM 1963
Bushdale
Bushdale Community - The marker is located 4-miles northwest on FM 908
Cameron
All Saints Episcopal Church - The marker is located at 200 N. Travis
Cass House, Dr. Nathan - The marker is located at 502 N. Travis
Confederate Veterans Memorial - The marker is located on the Milam County Courthouse grounds
Farley, Massillion - The marker is located in the Oak Lawn Cemetery (Old Section); 2-blocks south of the Milam County Courthouse on the Corner of Fannin St. & Tyson St.
First Baptist Church of Cameron - The marker is located at 400 W. Main St.
First Girls Tomato Club in Texas - The marker is located at 201 E. Main St.
First Home in Cameron - The makrer is located at the City Park on US Hwy. 190
First United Methodist Church of Cameron - The marker is located at Travis & W. 2nd St.
Green, George - The marker is located in the Oakhill Cemetery 2-blocks south of the Milam County Courthouse on the Corner of Fannin St. & Tyson St.
Milam, Ben - The marker is located at S. Central Ave. 8 E. Main St.
Milam County - on US 77 across from Cameron Municipal Airpark in front of Cameron Oaks Apts.
Milam County Courthouse - The marker is located on the Courthouse Square
Milam County Jail - The marker is located at Fannin St. & Main St.
Pool House, R. F. & Minta - The marker is located at 901 E. 8th St
O.J. Thomas High School - The marker is located at 6th Street between N. Orchard and MLK
Saint Monica's Catholic Church - The marker is located at 306 S. Nolan St.
Trigg, Edna Westbrook - The marker is located on the Milam County Courthouse grounds
Davilla
Davilla Baptist Church - The marker is located on FM 487
Friendship Methodist Church - The marker is located on the Church grounds, 5-miles east on FM 1915
Sypert, William Caroll - The marker is located in the Davilla Cemetery about 1-mile southwest of Davilla on CR 487 (also known as the Davilla-Barlett Road)
Val Verde Baptist Church - The marker is located 5-miles northeast on FM 437 & then 2-miles northwest on FM 2268
Gause
Town of Gause - The marker is located in the City of Gause on US Hwy. 79 & FM 2095; on the park & ride parking lot
Town of Nashville - The marker is located 4.5-miles southeast of Gause on US Hwy. 79
Lilac
Town of Lilac - The marker is located 5-miles east on FM 487 at the intersection of FM 3061
Lilac Cemetery - The marker is located 5-miles East of Davilla on FM 487 at FM 3061
Maysfield
First Presbyterian Church of Maysfield - The marker is located on FM 485 & CR 254
Little River Baptist Church & Cemetery - The marker is located near Maysfield. Take US Hwy. 77 north from Cameron for about 5-miles, turn right onto FM 485 and continue for about 5-miles, turn left onto FM 979 and travel 3.5-miles, church will be on the right.
Maysfield United Methodist Church - The marker is located on FM 485 & CR 254
New Providence Primitive Baptist Church - The marker is located 2-miles west of Maysfield on FM 485, at FM 979
Milano
Westbrook-Walker Cemetery - The marker is located about 4-miles north on US Hwy. 36, turn east onto CR 236
Port Sullivan
Port Sullivan - The marker is located off FM 485 / CR 260, 1-miles to CR 259 approx. 1.3 miles on north side of county road
Rockdale
First Baptist Church of Rockdale - The marker is located at 240 Green St.
First Christian Church of Rockdale - The marker is located at 231 N. Burleson
Gilleland, Daniel and Precilla - The marker is located about 8-miles west of Rockdale on FM 487 near the intersection of FM 1600
Lockett House - (historical marker revoked)
Mission San Francisco Xavier de la Delores - The marker is located 8-miles west on FM 908
Mount Zion Baptist Church - The marker is located 1-mile north on FM 487 at FM 1712 turn northeast and go 4-miles
Mundine Hotel Site - The marker is located at 101 N. Main St.
Perry, George Sessions - The marker is located at 201 Ackerman at the Lucy Hill Patterson Memorial Library side-lawn
Saint Thomas Episcopal Church - The marker is located at 302 E. Davilla
Railroads in Rockdale - The marker is located at 100 N. Main St.
Salty
Salty Community - The marker is located about 5-miles southwest of US Hwy. 79 at the intersection of CR 446-A and CR 446 standing in front of the Salty Church.
San Gabriel
Locklin Cemetery - The marker is located about 1.5-miles south of San Gabriel on FM 486, turn off and drive 1/4-mile. The cemetery is at the end of a gravel road
Mission San Ildefonso - The marker is located 6-miles east on FM 908
Mission Nuestra Sen. de la Candelaria - The marker is located 1.5-miles east on FM 908
Sharp
Persky, William - The marker is located in the Sharp Cemetery about 1-miles east of Sharp on FM 487
Town of Sharp - The marker is located 14-miles northwest on FM 487
Sharp Cemetery - The marker is located 14-miles northwest of Rockdale on FM 487
Sharp General Store - The marker is located at the intersection of FM 487 & CR 409
Sharp Presbyterian Church - The marker is located 14-miles west on FM 487
Urban Cemetery - The marker is located 1-mile west of Sharp on FM 487, then 0.7 mile south on CR 414 and 0.3 mile east on CR 412
Thorndale
Garner, John - The marker is located in the Waddle Cemetery about 7-miles southwest of Rockdale on US Hwy. 79 and turn onto CR 1704 (also known as Alcoa Road) and drive about 6-miles until you get to the I.G.C. Hiring Office where you need to get permission to enter the property where the cemetery is located.
Saint Johns Lutheran Church Cemetery - The marker is located at the intersection of CR 437 & CR 443
Saint Paul Luthern Church, School and Cemetery - The marker is located (THC does not list any directions - need to get)

[Barbwire]

BACK to Milam County TXGenWeb Page

Created on 27 July 2003 and last revised on 31 July 2004.